Saturday 15 September 2007

The 'Snappy Turtle'

Hi folks. I'm back. Unfortunately the cold clammy hand of work grasped my shoulder once again about a month back, so that is why my blog has been quiet over the last few weeks. Here is a condensed version of recent events to bring you up to speed anyway. I decided to spend one of my last two days catching up with my great friend Jim. He is the last of the clyde's great journeymen and craftsmen. Jim enrolled in the very last intake at Kvaerner Kincaid as an apprentice engineer before they wound down and shut up shop for the last time around 17 years ago. Over the years Jim has been using his unique skills and talents to restore boats in his spare time. The 'Snappy Turtle' below is his most recent purchase. It really is immaculate. Not a mark on her. Jim stands proud on the stern. I'm sure that there will be many happy trips to follow for Jim on this latest gem. I wish him the best of health (and weather :-) ) to sail in her.

No comments: