Monday 26 November 2007

The crux move

Craig approaches the difficult overhanging crux of the climb. I got a video clip of him a bit higher up and you can hear all of us yelling him on. The photos are silent so I thought I would mention that to give you an insight into the atmosphere that's lost in the stills....Anyway....that was the trip that was. We had a fantastic time and we hope to get back up here again sometime. We had a big meal and celebration back at aviemore afterwards. It would be fair to say that a few nice malts were quaffed as Ron told us stories round the fire about horrific avalanches and near misses on the mountains. He told us that he was forced to crawl on his belly one time off the Cairngorm plateau because the winds were so strong. Craig and myself saw three bright streaking meteors in the sky as we walked home in the pitch black to our b + b. It was a nice omen and finisher really. Our thoughts turn to the winter months now. The first snows have hit the summits on the cairngorms. I have looked out my ice axe and warm gear in preparation for some play time over the christmas hols which are now only four weeks away. Dougs and Diane are fine too. Will post soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.