Wednesday 2 July 2008

www.justgiving.com/stephenmcallister

Hi folks. Elaine Bowers and her team have done the MS society proud today by including a two page article on my climb in the local press. I set up a charity account page fairly recently to allow folk to pledge money directly and securely online via the 'just giving' web site (see the link above). I paid all the fees for the trip myself so all money pledged goes directly to the charity and gift aid of 25% is applied. I will update this page as the climb progresses so you can see how I am getting on. If I can't get live feeds to this page during the climb then I will do a wee diary report after the event. Live updates should also appear on the talisman activities website under their 'mountain blog diary'. We plan to have a charity night / disco when I return, probably on the 9th of August so keep your eyes on the paper and this blog. I hope to do some more rock climbing next week just before I go and if the weather remains lousy then I will probably be doing the last of my training in the rain. I'm looking forward to the trip. The spare bedroom looks like a floor on 'tisos' with crampons and ice axes dotted about. Thanks for looking in and thanks for all your kind sponsorship! ...Stephen.

No comments: