Friday 1 August 2008

A quick breather

We tried to conserve as much energy as possible en route to the tete rousse. We arrived in good time before having our evening meal. Julie and Jonathan were positively underwhelmed by their vegetarian meal option. We tried to get some sleep in the cho oyu dorm but it was practically impossible with folk shuffling around sorting gear and clothing all through the night. I think I managed to snatch less than half an hours worth of snoozing between 9pm and 1am. 1am has to be the earliest I have ever got up out of bed. At least we had a bed though. As we entered the dining area of the hut we were stepping over folk that were crashed out on the floor. Julie wasn't feeling great as we made our way to the breakfast table. She picked her way through breakfast. I did my best to coax her into eating as much as she could and offered her some painkillers from my first aid kit. Her sore head and feeling of sickness persisted as we got suited and booted up. Apparently she had been getting headaches on and off over the last three days. She had tried to be a real trooper however and play it down though. She had suffered pretty much in silence the whole time and only volunteered information about how she was feeling when I had asked her. Altitude was now meddling with the biological machinery.

No comments: